There’s so much negative news in the world, some of us have chosen to stop reading / watching entirely.
I’d like to help change that.
Every Tuesday, I’ll highlight an article I find that focuses on GOOD NEWS. This column is called Good News Tuesday.
Spread the word.
This week’s entry comes to us Jack Shepard at BuzzFeed.
1o Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity
1. Chicago Christians who showed up at a gay pride parade to apologize for homophobia in the Church.
And the reaction…
2. Two Norwegian men rescuing a sheep from the ocean.
3. Sign at a book store.
4. This Ohio athlete stopped to help an injured competitor across the finish line during a track meet. She would have won first place, but chose to help her competitor.
5. Subway sign.
6. A villager carrying stranded kittens to dry land during floods in Cuttack City, India.
7. Plaza Cleaners in Portland, OR, helped over 2,000 unemployed workers who couldn’t afford dry cleaning. The store’s owner estimated that it cost his company $32,000 dollars.
8. A man giving his shoes to a homeless girl in Rio de Janeiro.
9. Firefighter administering oxygen to a cat rescued from a house fire.
10. An exchange between a protester and a soldier during a protest in Brazil.
I hope this post made you as warm and fuzzy as it did me. Which one is your favorite?
15 thoughts on “Good News Tuesday: 10 Photos That Will Restore Your Faith In Humanity”
The kitten with the oxygen.
That one made me teary. They all do, actually. xo
Way to go – you made me tear up! Thanks for sharing these – I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite, though the first one speaks volumes to my heart.
These all make me teary with compassion and love – but yes, #1 is close to my heart as well. Powerful stuff.
they all brought tears, and a couple of hitched breaths….wonderful.
Thanks Choleesa. Stay tuned for more. xo
The guy giving up his shoes. all good though. good job scorpio!
Ah! My Scorpio friend! Thanks for finding, reading and commenting. Yea, that photo with the shoes is moving.
It’s hard to pick a favorite…
and thank you for the new preface. 🙂
Well, I like animals better than people, or human animals, except for the elusive human female, I like those.
Damn and now I’m all teary.
Thanks for the “positive” post. There’s not really enough of that going on.
Really hard to pick just one,but the one with the sheep and the soldier hugging the protester 🙂
The Ohio athlete helping a competitor across the finish line. The willingness to sacrifice a goal to help another reach it is touching.